Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 28: And The Best Is Still Yet To Come...

So excited to be starting off September with such fantastic people supporting me!  Things started off great with Lissa Bryan pledging $5.00 to a local homeless shelter for every pound I lose this month. Jennie Susi-Taylor got me even more motivated when she added in $2 more per pound to benefit the Marian Center School.  And  of course, I still have the generous Modina Arkills pledging $1 per pound throughout February to benefit Operation Smile.

Thanks to these three women alone, every pound I lose in September will earn a total of $8.00 for different charities!  I don't know if I could pull off another 20 lb loss this month, but I am sure motivated to try!

Then, to my very happy surprise, Taryn Rusnell made a very unique challenge of her own.  For every 30 minute work out I complete this month, Taryn has pledged $5.00 to the charity of my choice.

Going from my current activity level to 30 minutes every day is a lofty goal - especially considering that I'm an asthmatic with a chest cold and a cough that won't seem to quit.  However if I can find the motivation to pull it off, I would not only earn a donation of $145 from Taryn but I could maximize my weight loss and take full advantage of my pound-by-pound donations as well!

To start things off right, I managed to pull off  45 minutes of House Cleaning & Dancing with minimal time out taken to cough and catch my breath.  *CHA-CHING*  I just raked in five buck for charity!  lol

What makes Taryn's offer even more fulfilling for me is the fact that she is letting me choose the charity.  Up until today, I had been unable to find anyone to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and this charity is particularly important to me because it could be the same organization that helps my mom further down the line.  So, Taryn unwittingly helped me three-fold!

August was fantastic and I simply couldn't have asked for more, but September is turning out to look pretty spectacular on it's own.  For now, my worries that I will lose funding and support and that this project will fall apart have all faded away.  I'm so looking forward to what September will bring and for now, I'm confident that the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are an unregistered user, please sign your comment with a name or nickname so that I know who I am talking to. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!