Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 26: I'm bAaAaAck!!!!!! :oP

Okay, I'm still not 100%, but I'm definately back to my fun-loving, sarcastic, more energetic self.  Yay!  Due to the fact that I still have a cough and my lungs are still a little tight, I've decided to give myself one more recovery day before I start my exercise routine again.

But, guess what folks?  I DID IT!  I made it through August and (cough aside), I feel fantastic!  In less than seven hours, I will be weighing myself to calculate my total weight loss for the month.  It feels great to know that I've lost the weight (no matter how much it is), but it feels even better to know that I've helped raise money towards finding treatment, therapy and a cure for ALS.  Grab those wallets and sign those checks, folks - IT'S LOOKING GOOD!  *Does a little happy jig*

 
 
Since tomorrow marks the first of a brand new month, it means that I will also be updating my photos and measurements for the very first time.  I don't believe the photos will really show any difference yet, but I'm curious if there will be any change in my measurements yet (considering that I am now able to wear smaller pants.)  Truth be told, I did my own measurements the first time and for specific reasons, I will be doing my own measurements tomorrow as well - but I might see if I can get someone else to help me with that beginning with October - just to make sure I'm accurate and consistent.

I've given myself a short term goal to work towards.  See, I've been wanting to look for a new job for a while now - preferrably something outside of retail that can use my office and organizational experience as well as my customer service skills.  However, I've been putting it off because I don't currently have anything professional looking in my wardrobe and I haven't been able to afford to go out and buy anything.  When you're in larger sizes AND on a budget, your clothing options aren't quite as varied as smaller sizes.  For example, I have a hard enough time finding things that fit me in Plus Size stores - the odds are stacked against me that I'll find anything at yard sales or thrift stores.


I do, however, have a couple of shirts and jackets from when I last worked in an office setting - including a blouse that I always loved to wear because of the way that it looked on me.  The catch?   The blouse is a size 26.  Since I'm currently a size 30/32 top, it's going to take a lot of hard work to get there but - the moment I do - I'm handing out the resumes!

I was also watching the music video for Big & Rich's "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy".  Have you seen it?  If....I mean, "when"... I reach my goal weight, I TOTALLY want to rock one of those black outfits in the very sexiest of ways!
 


Since agreeing to update my mother and father's food diaries for them on MyFitnessPal.com, I've come to realize how difficult it is to keep three logs updated every single day.  Not only does it take a lot longer to do because I have to work with them to do it (as opposed to me quickly updating my own diary), but I don't want to feel like they are falling behind if I am unable to update it for them at any given time.  So, I came up with an idea that I thought would be motivational, encouraging and helpful without being as if I was trying to force them into it.

I grabbed two spiral notebooks that I had available and labeled the front with their names.  The very first page is a pocket, so I put a cute little graphic and wrote beneath it "Best of luck on this journey."

 
Then, every third page, I pasted in another cute or inspirational image.  On the top of the very first page, I wrote down their current weight and their daily goals (calories, carbs, fat and protein), so that they have it easily available.  I clipped a pen into the spiral of each notebook and then presented it to them with an explanation.  My dad already had his filled out and waiting before he went to bed, but I have to get his password before I can update it.  (*oopsie*)

On a random thought, some people on my Facebook page were pointing out that they were from Canada, and that got me to wondering where my Blogger readers were from (although I don't seem to have very many at this point in time...)  So, if there are any of you out there still reading this - HIYA!  I'm ChuChi, what's your name?  Where are ya from?  And, how did you find out about my blog?
 
Hope ya keep reading but, for now, I'm off to bed.

Kisses and Squishes!
ChuChi
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are an unregistered user, please sign your comment with a name or nickname so that I know who I am talking to. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!