Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 8: Another beginning...

Today marks the 8th day in the life of ChuChi (my little nickname for the Chubby Chick) - the beginning of the second week of my new life.

I am ecstatic to announce that as of this morning, I weighed in at 360.9 lbs.  This means that I've lost 5.5 lbs and have earned $35.20 for charity thus far.  WOO HOO!  I know from research and previous experience that it is highly unlikly that I will continue to lose this much on a weekly basis, as my stupid body begins to outsmart me and figure out that I'm trying to whip it into shape, so I'll take it while I can.  :o)

Although I did well with my dieting this week, I did not do nearly as well as I had hoped with my exercise.  I've felt lethargic and sluggish for several days now, struggling to get my body up and moving.  It's been so terrible that I was falling asleep on the sofa fifteen minutes in to watching a tv show with my mom.  Over and over again, I would fall asleep if I managed to stay still for even a few minutes.  I thought it might be because of the lower caloric intake...perhaps it was my body's way of shutting down to preserve energy or something.  I even suffered with a dizzy spell at work the other day, which made a couple of people concerned that I might be undereating or have unstable blood sugar.

Today's been the worst, as I've only been able to drag myself downstairs long enough to eat something healthy before falling back to sleep.  I wouldn't doubt that I slept most of the hours from 8 am to 6 pm easily.

However, it all came to light earlier today when I was preparing to call in one of my prescriptions.  About a year ago, I went through a small period of time where I was experiencing severe panic attacks.  They lasted long enough that I was forced to visit the doctor, who in turn prescribed me about 15 anti-anxiety pills to help during the really bad bouts.  I only used maybe two within the next month before the attacks seemed to subside.

It seems that somehow, over the past five days or so, I had mixed up my nightly medication with the anti-anxiety pills from last year.  I am absolutely unsure as to how it happened, as I purposefully kept these pills seperated to avoid this type of situation, but I can only assume it had something to do with me taking my pills terribly late when I was already half asleep.

I know how dangerous it is to mix-up medications and I have now put what is left of the anti-anxiety meds in another room.  Meanwhile, I've taken the medicine I should have been taking all along and I am already starting to feel a little bit of improvement.  I'm hoping, by tomorrow, that the last of the anti-anxiety pill's effects will have worn off so that I can find the energy to get up and exercise like I want to.

Now, I know I don't have to join a gym to get exercise, but I worked out at Curves for a little while a few years ago and I LOVED it.  They have a promotion now for one free week, so I've made an appointment to go in and find out how much they are currently charging for membership.  Can't wait to see what kind of damage I can do when I really put effort into dieting and exercising at the same time.

Now if you'll excuse me...I am still 100% stress free and my bed is calling me.  *yawn*  G'nite all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are an unregistered user, please sign your comment with a name or nickname so that I know who I am talking to. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!